Monday, December 24, 2007

and what have you done?

Often, I feel as though I just do not do enough; oh, I do plenty for myself, don't get me wrong; it's doing for others that seems to roil itself into that sick-acidic-ball in the middle of my stomach. I want to do more for others, I just don't. I have all sorts of excuses ranging from being too busy to not feeling well to not having enough money, to...well, you get the idea, n'est pas? I need to get up off my duff, which is pretty much it's own solar system (HEED, PANTS NOW!!) at this point; the volunteering muscle could be well-used. As everyone knows, I can do plenty of stuff - some of it fairly well - I should share my multitude of talents and my wealth of knowledge with others. I would feel more Christ-like; I would be less self-centered; I would be more aware of the plight of my fellow man. So, in truth, I see that this would simply result in my being a better version of what I already am...nobody wants that, right? I'll make some sort of decision about it later; right now, I have no money and no time, and I really feel like I'm coming down with something.

No comments: