Wednesday, January 02, 2008

another year over and a new one just begun

Stuff - I have too much of it, and quite frankly, I am ready to do a massive cleansing, body, soul and spirit...and, yes, a deep, unsentimental purging of the home as well. I need to be grateful for all that I have; less on the shopping front is a good place to start.

Finding that place inside myself to store away the emotional enemies that I no longer need - maybe I never did - should help in this process as well. In doing so, it is possible that I will uncover other shoved-down feelings that could use a good airing out. Out with the old (bad) in with the new (good).

Continuing on the precarious road to complete, honest and true forgiveness will, I believe, lead me to the milk-and-honey land where I can love my neighbor as myself; accomplishing love of self is the first step; I must take that one in order to progress on the journey.

Off, I go then.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I did not want to leave my children. I had loved them both immediately. They were my splendor and my protection, both something to safeguard and something to safeguard me.
alice sebold the almost moon

No comments: