Saturday, January 19, 2008

Grateful

So, my daughter dedicated a recent blog posting to gratitude, and she posed the "what are you grateful for?" question. Not declaring my areas of thankfulness directly on her blog is a conscious (conscience?) decision - better to just list that stuff here - I'm not saying that it makes sense; it just is.

* I have a wonderful child with whom I have a quite outstanding relationship.
* I have a good marriage.
* My remarkable husband is so precisely due to his unremarkableness.
* Wine is back in my life.
* Strength to leave it all behind - and actually happier as a byproduct.
* Getting over myself.
* No longer wishing that I had sisters.
* Never being hungry, without the easy opportunity to feel filled.
* Being healthy in my body and my mind (thank you, Juno soundtrack).
* Freedom to practice whatever religion I desire in whatever fashion suits me.
* Truly fabulous friends - very few, but really fabulous.
* To have the chance to simply say, "I am grateful."


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

...if you chose to go into someone else's reality, you had to be willing to walk. There were no shortcuts.
alice sebold
the almost moon

No comments: