Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Yes, I know that there are bigger things to worry about, and I have prayed for the students, faculty, families and gunman involved in the V-Tech massacre. But my world is very small, and in my bubble, I, indeed, understand that bad things happen to good people, and I do not blame God - there are bad people in the world, whether your world be as large as the world actually is or as tiny as my precious one.

The Giants bullpen is working my last nerve, as it is Matt Cain's, I am quite certain.

Yes, I know that there are more important things that happen in the world, heroes abound. But my world includes less than ten people that mean the world to me.

My daughter continues to fill my bubble with pride and joy and happiness. It is a wonderment to me that such a child could have magically and blessedly found her way out of a home that was not always what it should have been; we were all finding our way. She was able to help me grow up and come out (fairly) intact on the otherside, all the while, growing up herself and becoming this amazing woman. I thank her and our Blessed Mother for this; I am well aware that it had absolutely nothing to do with me.

Yes, there are tragedies and there is the overcoming of them. But in my small world, these are the experiences and people that matter.

No comments: