Thursday, June 07, 2007

Lessons Learned

As I am fixing dinner this morning - yes, I AM one of THOSE people! - a song popped up on my ipod (I cannot say thank you enough times to me dearest child), and it isn't even Friday, that seems so in sync (JT et al) with what's been in my heart and on my feeble mind of late. I won't go into it....really not worth taking that journey into my head, trust me on this one! From Barbra Streisand:

don't give up
keep on looking deep inside
let your heartbeat
be your guide
cause there's a gift
for those who keep believing
you'll find what you've been needing
is right before your eyes
you'll hold the answer
in your hands
and then you'll know
you'll finally understand why
why did the right road
take that wrong turn
why did our heart break
and why'd we get burned
just like the seasons
there are reasons
for the path we take
there are no mistakes
just lessons to be learned

I am coming, at last, having passed many roads-not-taken and more than my share of paving-the-path-to-heaven-with-good-intentions, to grasp some small golden ring on the carousel and accept that maybe it's okay if I am happy from time-to-time. This has been way beyond a wayward journey, and those travelers that I have drug along with me will prayerfully agree, it has proven to be a valuable excursion, afterall. If only I can remember the lessons at the appropriate times, I think that I just might be okay.

No comments: