Monday, January 22, 2007

There are times, now, when I wish that I was speaking to my mother - I would like to be able to talk with her about things...but then I realize that, even if we were on speaking terms, I wouldn't have any of the conversations that I have with her in my head. She would have to be someone other than herself, and I would have to be another person too. I want to talk to the mother that I wish I had...the fantasy mommy that listens and understands and doesn't make me feel like a fat failure at everything. My head is getting to be a crowded place in which to live; there are so many people playing so many roles in there. I'm not sure if any of them are me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hear people talk about their grandmothers, and I long for more of the good parts of mine. More of the cookies and cake. More of that one really great Christmas. If all of it could have been like that, I can only imagine what our lives would be like now. But, I'm lucky. I may not have the grandmother I need, but I have the mother I'm not sure I'm good enough to deserve.